Monday, July 2, 2007

Loungin' with Jimi Tenor

I have selected a couple of tracks from Jimi Tenor's Intervision(1997) for Loungin' this week. Released on Warp Records, i used to love throwing this CD on at the end of a weekend to chillout to, with its cruisy jazzed out vibe. I didn't dig every song on the album, but a couple always found themselves on my chillout compilations i would put together.
I have also added a bonus track from an album he did with West African afro-funksters Kabu Kabu, Joystone(2007) on Ubiquity Records. I have only listened to this album a couple of times, but "Ariane" immediately jumps out at me. Kind of mellow start to it, but

falls into a nice funky groove.
MP3's
Never Say It Aloud(Intervision)

Can't Stay With You Baby(Intervision)

Ariane(Joystone)

No comments: